Good business and God’s rules are completely compatible of course. I call this Godly business.
Don’t believe the public’s perception and the pantomime of the media and Hollywood. Business isn’t about being arrogant, cut throat and walking over people.
Business centres around good relationships and doing what’s right.
Here’s my top 10 rules for Godly business,
- Treat your customers, staff, and colleagues with love, respect, honesty and kindness. Strive to honour them all by offering them more than they might get elsewhere.
- Offer your customers good value and don’t mislead them with bogus sales talk and promotions.
- Honour your customers just as must as you do after they have paid as you do before.
- Do what you do with thought for your environment.
- Do what you do with a pure heart and good intentions and let that be enough, don’t let people tell lies about you or damage your image.
- Follow God’s rules yourself, insist on the same treatment from your team and inform people when they don’t match up.
- Remember all business revolves around an excellent core product or offering, backed by effective processes, and polices that empower your staff.
- Share your profits with your team, after all they helped you make them. Asides from that don’t incentivise, what ever you reward financially, something else is always discouraged.
- Don’t fight a war with your competitors, if you are going to battle, do it with what you offer your customers.
- And finally, give thanks for your blessings. It’s really easy to get wound up in the striving for growth and the “more, more, more” mentality that many in the world and our politicians are obsessed with.
Apply these tips and you’ll have no problem running a Godly business that is beneficial to everyone concerned.
Thanks for reading and God Bless.